1. Upon making an offer which is accepted by the landlord, you will be requested to place a holding deposit with us for which you will receive a receipt and statement. You will need to complete and submit a reference form and provide ID documents as required.
2. When satisfactory references have been received, you will be provided with the draft tenancy agreements and related documents to check over, sign and return at least 24 hours before the tenancy commences.
3. Before the prospective tenancy is due to commence, you will be required to pay the balance shown on the statement, provided at the time you paid your holding deposit or as advised to you separately by negotiation.
4. In general you will need to pay in cleared funds 1 month’s rent in advance and a security deposit equivalent to five weeks rent. The holding deposit you paid will be off-set against these sums.
5. An appointment will be made for you to meet an independent inventory clerk at the property to sign off the inventory and check in schedule of condition report. You can collect the property keys from the clerk during this appointment.
Andrew Scott Robinson is a regulated by RICS – click here for our certification certificate
To find out more about Guide to Renting call our Wimbledon Town team on:
+44 (0)20 8971 3800 or our Wimbledon Village team on:
+44 (0) 20 8971 4955
24 High Street,
London SW19 5DX
Tel: +44 (0)20 8971 6780
Fax: +44 (0)20 8946 3683